Saturday, December 22, 2007

Now what?

Tomorrow I will do my last run in the Couch-to-5K program. Now comes the hard part -- I have to design my own workouts.

It's a pretty good time to finish the program, since I have an entire week to try and make up a plan without having to worry about work or anything like that. Monday is a scheduled day off, Tuesday I'm planning to use the elliptical machine at my parents' place after Christmas breakfast, Wednesday is another day off, and Thursday I'll probably do a run or get in the pool (or both). That should give me a few days to try and put something together.

I'm going to have to increase my frequency of working out from three days a week if I want to incorporate weight training, swimming, biking and running into every week. That's something I've been planning to do anyway, because I think it's time to mix things up so that my body doesn't get used to what I'm doing. My biggest challenge will be coming up with a schedule where I don't overdo things, which I'm unfortunately prone to doing.

No comments: