Sunday, December 23, 2007

Victory is mine!

I finished the Couch-to-5K program this morning, polishing off my last 30 minute run at 5.5 mph. My 5K time (including 5-minute warmup walk and cooldown) was 35:28. And I discovered that I definitely need to start carrying Gatorade instead of water on morning runs, because I had absolutely zero left in the tank after finishing.

And now, my reward:

You have successfully registered for an event in the Ottawa Race Weekend being held May 24 and 25, 2008.

Payment has been received/Confirmation d'inscription:
Chris Oster is registered for
Ottawa Race Weekend MDS Nordion 5K

Transaction ID: JME0899582

Important: You may use this confirmation in order to pick up your race kit at the Pfizer Health and Fitness Expo at Ottawa Lansdowne Park in the Aberdeen Pavilion. Bib numbers will be assigned about 2 weeks prior to the event in 2008. You can check back at: www.runottawa.ca at that time.

2 comments:

john - from fat to fit said...

That's awesome, congratulations! Is May the earliest race in your area? I'd want to get out there sooner if it were me.

Hell, by then you'll probably be ready for a 10k!

Chris said...

I could have signed up for a 10K on the same weekend, but I wanted to make sure I took it easy the first time out. I might be doing a duathlon at the beginning of May, too.

I always wanted my first race to be this one -- I guess I didn't figure I'd have come so far so quickly.