Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Free at last!

We've been having trouble with our upstairs neighbours and their stereos over the last month. The owner of the unit decided to rent it out to a group of twentysomethings, and they've been nothing but trouble ever since.

We made three trips upstairs to ask them to turn down the music which was blasting its way through our ceiling at a level where we could clearly make out what song was being played. Then we wrote a letter to the condo board. Then we started calling the by-law office (four times in the last two weeks!) when the music started blaring after 1 am. Finally, last night, I wrote another letter to our building manager, as our superintendant recommended.

So you can imagine my absolute joy when the building manager wrote back to let us know that the owner had started eviction proceedings against the tenants! From what I know of the Condominium Act in Ontario, it's a lot easier to do in a condo than it is in an apartment building. So, with any luck, we should be noise-free by New Year's.

I updated my stats yesterday instead of Thursday, since yesterday was exactly two months since I started. 25 pounds...I'm speechless.

No comments: