Tuesday, November 20, 2007

All I want for Christmas is...

...a Suunto T3 heart rate monitor with Foot Pod. Only $300. Surely someone's got that lying around.

One thing I noticed on the weekend is that I don't run as fast outside as I do on the treadmill. I used Google Earth to track two parts of my run on Sunday that I had timed, and both were right around 4.8 mph. Inside, I try to run at least 5.0 mph. Part of it is probably because the outside world is not flat and windless as it is indoors (no, I don't use the hill setting yet). Still, this might explain why I tend to have more trouble running indoors -- I'm running faster than my body expects! This is why I think I should get the watch, so I have an idea of how fast I'm going outside. Of course, with the weather getting progressively worse, I probably won't even need it until, oh, say March.

I'm going to test this theory tomorrow, when I try to complete week 5 of the Couch-to-5K program.

No comments: