Thursday, January 03, 2008

Stupid sinuses.

So I'm at home sick with what may or may not be a cold. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's actually a sinus flare-up. In any event, my head feels like it weighs about 50 pounds. I missed my run last night, but if this clears up any, I'm going to try to get one in this evening.

On the up side, the weather's going to be improving enough this weekend that I'm going to be able to get outside to run. I found out that the pedestrian paths along the Rideau Canal, where I did a couple of weekend runs in November, are the only trails in the whole city that get plowed, so I can run there if I feel like it. I had originally planned to do it Monday or Tuesday, but it was snowing both days, and I didn't feel like running through two inches or more of snow on the sidewalks.

Two more pounds down this week. It's looking like I'm going to need a new scale, since I've somehow reached a weight where the display will no longer lock in on one number, but instead flickers within a 10-15 pound interval, and shuts itself off while it's still thinking about how much I weigh.

No comments: