Saturday, January 05, 2008

New toy / tough sledding

My Forerunner is here! I was home again yesterday, so I was here when the UPS guy knocked on my door and presented it to me. It was like it was still Christmas.

Its first test was to take it out running this morning. Last I checked, the paths along the canal were well-plowed. But, last I checked was Monday. This morning...not so much. It was a lot harder than I was expecting, because of the packed-down snow/slush combination. It was almost like running on the beach. But I ran two miles anyway, and I was able to keep an eye on my mile pace, which was pretty much all I wanted for the first run. I was managing 13-minute miles while keeping my HR around 150 for the most part, which I thought was decent for the conditions.

If they don't plow a little better, though, I'll have a lot of time to read up on how to use the more advanced features, because I'm not running on that again. But then, there's three days of rain in the forecast, and that might clear off the sidewalks a bit.

No comments: