Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Weight update - May 17

Evil Digital Scale had good news this morning -- I'm down 0.2 pounds to 294. Any decrease is a good decrease, especially when it hasn't been a great week since my last weigh-in.

This week should be better. The only times I'll be eating away from home are Friday night at my niece's birthday (and that shouldn't be too bad, given the food at my Portuguese sister-in-law's gatherings generally isn't that good), and a Monday afternoon BBQ at my parents' place to celebrate the long weekend. I'm determined to make it to the gym five times this week, since the weather is likely going to be crappy enough that I won't be walking to work much, if at all.

I got a good tip for using the elliptical machine yesterday. Loosening my shoes before getting on the machine kept my feet from falling asleep as they normally do. If you have tight shoes, your feet won't move at all while on the machine, and will fall asleep halfway through the workout. Loosening them causes your feet to rise slightly on each stride, and keeps the blood circulating enough to maintain the feeling in them.

No comments: