Friday, May 12, 2006

Kicking the coke habit

No, not THAT coke.

It's now been five weeks -- 35 whole days! -- since I had my last can of Coke. Or any other soft drink, for that matter. Nothing fancy, I just decided I wasn't going to drink pop anymore, and I haven't since. And I have seven sets of tally marks on my refrigerator as a nice reminder.

I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure that's the longest I've ever gone in my adult life without pop. Maybe my first crack at Atkins in 1999, but that's definitely it. I'm not even drinking diet pop, because I don't like the aftertaste, and it usually gives me a headache.

The great part about it? I can honestly say that I don't miss it. Me discovering Mr. Pibb on a trip to Las Vegas at the end of February and craving it for the rest of the trip seems a lifetime ago.

1 comment:

The Relentless Reader said...

Congrats on kicking the pop habit! I've been having a love affair with Mountain Dew FOREVER. It's hard to break up with a lover that you still adore. ;)