Monday, January 14, 2008

Results you can wear

Is there any nicer feeling than comfortably fitting into a pair of pants you haven't worn in four years? I think not.

When I started this little expedition, I wore a size 46. I probably could have worn a 48 without them feeling baggy, too. Right now, I have on a pair of size 40 khakis that I haven't even thought of being able to fit into since before I was married. In a couple of weeks, I can probably also start wearing the size 40 jeans I bought last month (the size-42 incentive jeans are now starting to get a little loose). And at this rate, in a couple of months, I'll be able to leave the 40s altogether. Which means I can actually buy off the rack at the Haggar outlet store.

I punished myself quite a bit this weekend. Friday, I did 5k on the ergometer and a 40-minute hill program on the stationary bike. Saturday, I went outside and ran this 5k route in just under 40 minutes. (Check out how far uphill that is for the last mile -- it was a killer!) Sunday, I rowed another 5k and did 25 minutes of hill intervals on the stationary bike before deciding that was enough. I think I'll take today off.

No comments: