Sunday, May 21, 2006

Road trip

My wife and I decided to go to Syracuse this weekend. With the Canadian dollar at over 90 cents US, shopping across the border is amazing. We're saving at least 20% on everything we buy just by being in the States!

Even better, we went to a big outlet mall about a half hour west of Syracuse and saved even more. I'd say we got about $750 worth of clothes for $400. I went to the Reebok store and got some awesome new workout clothes, plus some new summer wear. Incredibly, I've already used the workout clothes -- I got up early, on a SUNDAY, to work out on the recumbent bike in the fitness centre. I swear, I don't even recognize myself sometimes.

I haven't been eating at the greatest places, but I'm not eating as much. Plus, all of the walking we've done through shopping centres (probably about 7 hours worth) helps me keep things in balance as well.

On the down side, Syracuse is quite a dreary little city.

No comments: